Most people know that they need homeowner’s insurance and car insurance. However, many that run a university or learning institution don’t realize the higher education insurance is just as important as their car insurance policy.
Times When This Insurance Can be Used
Higher learning establishments are prone to a unique set of risks and hazards. A higher education policy can protect your institution if:
- An accidental fire in the school’s computer center damages expensive equipment and furniture
- A maintenance worker performing a job on a ladder is injured after falling
- A school vehicle gets into an accident with another car on campus
- A railing in the atrium of the school’s library collapses and harms a campus visitor
- A financial representative of the school sets up a fake vendor and pays invoices to themselves using the school’s funds
- A minority student claims that they were accused of discriminatory treatment while being expelled for violating one of the school’s rules for student behavior
Property damage or a lawsuit can seriously hamper an institution’s ability to maintain financial stability. However, higher education insurance can protect the interests and finances of an establishment of higher learning.
Don’t Wait to Protect Your Establishment
If you run a public, charter, or private school, hazards like these can happen at any moment. Don’t let your school remain unprotected any longer and find out what your insurance options are.